Hello to 2014!
I don’t know about you guys, but 2013 flew by so quickly that as I look back… there’s so many things to be grateful for and so many wonderful things I have experienced. Last year I reflected on my top list of 10 experiences so why not do the same to reflect on 2013:
- Meeting, getting to know and working with all my 2013 couples. Thank you for the opportunity and I wish you all a fantastic start to 2014 as you continue your happily married lives together.
- Being featured on Ruffled and 100 Layer Cake for the two inspiration shoots I styled and work with some great vendor partners. Always makes me smile when I get news my work is being featured!
- Learning to trust my gut and instincts, that making mistakes are ok, and that if you fail sometimes, it means you’re still trying and going after what you want. Staying positive no matter how hard it feels like in that moment.
- Attended my first wedding conference in Las Vegas this past September. It was an inspiring way to learn from some of the wedding industry heavy-weights and network with fellow wedding professionals.
- Attended the Women’s Legacy conference in Toronto that reminded me of my passion and why I decided to embark on this journey. I love what I do, and I’m thankful I can say that out loud every single day.
Okay this was only a top 5 list, but nonetheless 2013 has been a fun ride, and I can’t wait to see what adventures and experiences 2014 will bring.
And just to end off on two of my favourite photos from this past year… one from a style shoot and one from a real wedding.
Here’s to an amazing 2014 for everyone! Happy New Year and hope everyone is having a great start today!